FRC's Optics Class is a technically detailed, hands-on course of instruction that trains hunters and long range, precision shooters on the proper nomenclature, operation and application of all manner of modern telescopic sights. This course will include mounting your optic, adjusting the optic to the shooter, learning to make adjustments at various ranges, applications of your reticle, and then zeroing your optic with the help of knowledgeable instructors.
Topics covered include:
- 1st and 2nd focal plane optics
- Scope Shadow and Parallax Adjustments
- Various reticle patterns and their use
- Understanding milliradians and MOA
- Rails, rings and scope mounting
- Zeroing and adjusting for elevation and wind
- Live-fire zeroing
Class length: 5 Hours
What to bring: Note taking gear, your firearm and optic, any tools to mount your optic (i.e. allen keys, wrench, scope levels), and at least 20 rds of ammunition.